Friday, February 19, 2016

Three Days of Labor - One Coloring Page!

The Arabian Horse Coloring Book For Adults now has two whole pages!  The second page is a detailed portrait of a Bedouin riding his war mare and has taken me three work days to complete!  There is about nine to ten hours of work in this one coloring page for adults.  First, being the over-achieving perfectionist I am, I spent several hours searching for decent photos of Bedouins and their horses, looking particularly for the earliest photos I could find.  I actually found a photo taken by Lawrence of Arabia!  Using those photos as a reference I drew the mare and her rider with all their colorful and ornate gear.  Due to the arthritis in my hands this took about six hours over three days.  They're all done now - want a peek?

 You should be able to print this out in it's full size of 8 x 10 inches by clicking on it to get the full size image, then right click and print depending on how your computer is set up. 

So right now you are noticing that certain parts of the adult coloring page are at halftone - that is the lines are grey rather than black.  This is to give you a bit of choice, or options in how you color the art.  First, all text in my adult coloring books will be grey.  This makes it easy to leave it if you like it, or color right over it and hide it if you do not.  On this adult coloring page there are also grey lines for the decorations on the horses bridle, chest strap, and the riders costume.  You can follow the lines, or go right over them and decorate their gear however you prefer. 

I hope you like my ideas and enjoy this free adult coloring page - a sample from the soon to be published Arabian Horses Coloring Book for Adults.  Is there any thing in particular you would like me to be sure and include in the coloring book?  Or is there a subject you would like to have an adult coloring book on that you can't find?  I love suggestions, so please feel free to write me at adultcoloringbooks AT gmail.com.

Enjoy!

Summer Foovay

No comments:

Post a Comment