Wednesday, March 2, 2016

New Sample Adult Coloring Page - Arabian horse

At risk of giving away my age, I grew up with those wonderful old Dover coloring books that included some interesting and educational text with the coloring pages.  I hope you liked them too - because that's how I plan to create my own coloring books.  Here is a new sample for you from the Arabian Horse Coloring Book for Adults that I am currently creating.

Far as I know this should print out in it's actual 8 x 10 inch full size, depending on how your computer and printer are set up. 

This adult coloring book is coming together slower than I had planned due to some life issues that made it necessary for me to seek some work outside the home, and also various tasks away from the home and computer, not to mention extensive and lengthy fights with the insurance company that is trying to cut off the hubby's access to a drug he must have.

One of those issues is my recent discovery that the arthritis in my hands has worsened to the point that I cannot draw more than four hours or so before I can no longer dependably control the stylus.  Not much I can do about that except do what I can when I can.

Another ongoing issue is my poor old computer is about to give up the ghost.  The drawing program I know and love (PSP9) is also no longer supported and doesn't play nice with various other - more modern - programs.  It in inevitable that I am going to have to replace the computer and learn a new program soon.  Not least because I have also moved into an RV that generally moves every few days.  Right now that means that my desktop has to be set up, taken down, set up, taken down, set up...  imagine setting up and taking your desktop down every day to work! 

I've been drooling over the marvelous new devices available in far more portable and sensible forms, such as the 2-in-1s.  Instead of a separate drawing tablet (with it's own software and drivers - also out of date), I could take a stylus and draw directly on screen - wow - while still having a keyboard I can use.  I write, as well as draw, so that's kind of a big deal to me, too.  And with a new device will come new software - I know of one program that is included on all Windows 10 devices now, but I will probably also purchase and install an Adobe drawing program - seems it seems like that is pretty compatible with everything.

Here's my dream device:  to see it click here

Last time I tried a crowd funder it wrecked my Amazon account and I am still fighting to get it working correctly again.  So I am a little leary of those to say the least.  I am looking at Fund the Muse.com - anyone used it?  Like it?  Hate it?  You can always send a donation to my paypal account if you want - sffoovayATgmail.com, of course.  If you do, I'll send you a copy of the first coloring book (probably this one) created on the new 2-in-1.  Signed by the artist even! 

Meanwhile, I shall putter along and with a small bit of lube from the Universe, get this Arabian Horse Coloring Book for Adults finished by the end of March.  Do please stay in touch!

Summer Foovay

No comments:

Post a Comment